Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/ individual interest of its staff and student body. Promote professional learning through self-assessment, reflection on practice and professional conversations.
- Formalize lesson plans weekly for upcoming instructional period; modify, as needed.
- Relate instructional objectives to elementary curriculum standards and demonstrate effective decision-making concerning instructional goals.
- Determine students'' performance using informal and formal testing and observation, when appropriate.
- Develop and implement an appropriate classroom management system.
- Aid students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image.
- Effectively implements elementary curriculum content, standards, and teaching methodologies including technology.
- Prepare students for lessons by reviewing, outlining and explaining objectives.
- Present lessons in a clear, well-organized and logical structure, embracing enthusiasm and optimism.
- Use a variety of instructional materials such as contextual, supplemental, teacher-constructed, teaching bulletin boards, audio-visual, hands-on, discovery and activity-based learning.
- Reflect an attitude that values diversity.
- Provide for varied levels of student performance including multi-level teaching and accommodations, when appropriate.
- Awareness of student''s emotional, social and educational needs.
- Use results of formal testing and a variety of other assessments to evaluate student progress and instructional effectiveness, as required.
EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or equivalent.
- Teacher credential as specified under state regulations.
- Advanced degree in education preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the educational arena of the 21st Century. COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. - 16 months ago