Blood Collection Technician/Phlebotomist
When you join the American Red Cross Blood Services team, you will help save the lives of patients like Christian ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqxMGIit9tY ) and Danielle ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEj4XoKMQM ) each and every day.
Are you looking to make a difference in the job you do? From setting up the blood collection equipment at work sites, to putting a needle in a donor’s arm, as a Phlebotomist at the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at high schools, offices & churches throughout Montana. In your first three months on the job, we will provide you with comprehensive, paid training on all aspects of whole blood collection techniques and documentation requirements.
Key performance objectives include:
• Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
• Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
• Be detail oriented all day, every day to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
• Stay flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, overnight travel, & some Saturdays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
• Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re here
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment for donors and co-workers alike – give them a reason to come back for more
• Be a model of professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation’s largest not-for-profit blood banking organization
Once you establish yourself as a top performer, you will be able to:
• Have the potential to develop your career with the American Red Cross
• Demonstrate your leadership potential by becoming a “go-to” person for team supervisors, on the job trainers & new employees
• Draw upon your extensive blood collection knowledge to advance into leadership and professional support roles
High school diploma or equivalent required, valid driver’s license and a record of safe driving required, previous customer service and healthcare training/experience preferred – we’ll train the best on the rest.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, well-qualified women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- This position will require your ability to travel overnight to Missoula, MT for up to twelve weeks of training.
High school diploma or equivalent required, valid driver’s license and a record of safe driving required, previous customer service and healthcare training/experience preferred
American Red Cross - 17 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...