This position assists with engineering activities and performs tasks associated with those activities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
Potential Task Assignments within the scope of this position:
- Independently coordinates assignments
- Performs job with limited supervision
- Technical Competence
- Team member
- Task/Result Oriented
- Performs job with accuracy and attention to detail
- Assists with decision making
1. Generates formal test protocols and reports.
2. Executes test protocols and procedures. Sets up and operates test equipment and records measurements.
3. Maintains accurate data and assists with analysis.
4. Provides process/test method training to manufacturing/QC personnel and other technicians.
5. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of BAS policies and procedures, ISO and FDA requirements.
6. Generates, expedites and tracks Development Builds.
7. Assists in conceptual input to the design of fixtures, tooling and equipment, as well as assists with recommendation, specification and procurement of capital equipment.
8. Achieves “Operator” certification status for test equipment applicable to assigned area of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to enter data in Minitab and/or Microsoft Project and/or
2. Ability to read and understand CAD drawings (e.g. Solidworks)
3. Interpret and understand geometric tolerancy
4. Ability to analyze and evaluate data and recommend actions
5. Ability to write technical reports/protocols
6. Ability to coordinate test protocols
7. Ability to design (fixture, equipment and testing)
8. Ability to train lower level technicians and floor operators
9. Ability to work with little supervision
10. Ability to operate laboratory equipment within the area of assigned responsibilities
This position requires:
The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
- an Associate's Degree in science, math or engineering with two years related experience, or
- a minimum of six years related experience
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...