For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Oakton is seeking an Enrollment Specialist for the Des Plaines, IL campus to:
- Continuing education
- Great benefits
- Paid winter break
- FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Qualified candidates must possess an Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired; two years of general office experience; a high level of interpersonal and communication skills; commitment to providing excellent customer service; and problem solving skills. Candidates must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact; and must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data.
- Provide accurate information to students and the community by telephone or in person by interpreting Federal, State and College policies and procedures appropriately as well as follow the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate person.
- Understand Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records, Cashier, Testing and Academic Advising processes, as well as a basic understanding of other departments and areas around campus in order to serve as a campus resource for students and potential students.
- Train students how to use online enrollment services functions to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate students on how to access College information available on the internet.
- Coordinate services which connect students to meet with advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, the Career Center and other College departments as necessary.
- Verify “in-district” residency documentation. Review documents submitted in-person for accuracy and completeness. Record documents as received in the appropriate computer software. Register students as well as add/drop courses as appropriate and according to College policies. Review high school or college transcripts to determine prerequisite courses.
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through the enrollment process.
- Assist the Enrollment Center Coordinator with the training and supervision of student employees.
- Generate various reports regarding students and prospective students.
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Enrollment Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, over the telephone, and via the internet.
- May be required to lead training for areas of specialization to other Enrollment Center staff as well as personnel from other Student Affairs Departments.
- Report Banner problems to the computer technical support group. Follow-up and verify corrections or changes.
- Modify and/or override enrollment center procedures as appropriate and necessary to support students through enrollment processes.
- Assist in maintaining student records including filing and scanning.
This is a part time position that works Monday – Thursday – 1:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Additional work hours around peak registration periods may be required.
This position is compensated at $19.77 per hour.
For further details, visit our website at http://www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. No person shall be subject to discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 5 months ago