Join the team at Gardener's Supply Company! We are an employee-owned company and America's leading catalog & web-based gardening company! We work hard AND offer a fun place to work with summer bocce games, BBQs, ping-pong tournaments, employee garden plots and much more! We also offer strong cultural values, competitive wages and outstanding benefits (including a tremendous discount on plants & product!).
Located in Burlington, Vermont - one of the most scenic and unique cities in the country. Built on a hill overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, Burlington is a cosmopolitan city minutes from a wealth of outdoor activities such as boating, cycling, hiking, snow skiing, and more.
The Director of Inventory Management leads all inventory management functions, including product forecasting, materials planning and supply chain management for Gardener’s Supply Company direct to consumer and wholesale divisions. By effectively using our enterprise resource planning system, and inventory forecast and materials planning system, you will lead the Inventory Team to achieve a high level of customer order fill rate while delivering inventory ownership and turn rate objectives. You are the leader of the inventory team, who direct our vendors and key supply chain providers, including inbound freight suppliers, U.S. customs and other relevant regulatory agencies.
- Inventory Forecasting and Analysis: Responsible for the development and management of pre-season campaign forecasting from summary macro budget through product category and product/SKU level forecasts for all GSC direct and wholesale channels.
- Materials Management: Develop and implement the Inventory Value Budget that balances financial planning while achieving customer service targets.
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Vendor Management: Direct and manage relationships with product vendors, buying agencies, freight carriers, freight forwarders and assembly providers.
- Team Leadership: Lead and coach Inventory Management staff in strategies to achieve service levels and corporate profitability goals. Team includes an Inventory Business Analyst and three Inventory Planners.
- Financial Planning and Reporting: As part of the GSC fiscal budgeting process, develop the Inventory Value budget and manage to a rolling 12 month Inventory Value reforecast. Provide monthly reporting to Finance department and Key Manager executive team.
- Systems Expertise: Partner with Merchandising Operations and Information Technology to leverage our Direct Tech Forecasting and Inventory Management systems to deliver product assortment planning and achieve a balance scorecard of inventory metrics: service level, in-stock level, backorder levels and inventory turn rate.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business. Certification in Supply Chain management or Purchasing/Inventory Management is a plus.
- Ten years purchasing and inventory management experience, with 5-7 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing global vendors, inclusive of manufacturing contracts, purchase orders and financial instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage supply chain, inclusive of global freight logistics and U.S. customs regulation.
Indeed - 10 months ago