Loan Processor & Assistant
Reports To Director
Department Homeownership Center (HOC)
Hours M-F, 8:30 am to 5 pm, some evenings and weekends
Travel Some required
Salary Range DOE
Employee Status non-exempt
Benefits Medical and Dental benefits on the first of the month following 90 days of employment. Two weeks vacation each year for the first five years
The Unity Council’s Homeownership Center works to build healthy Communities and expand homeownership opportunities for under-served residents in the city of Oakland in particular, and throughout Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties in general. The HOC provides financial education, counseling, and coaching that creates well-informed consumers and default resistant homeowners. We also provide access to affordable loan products and down payment assistance loan programs.
HOC’s goal is to provide consumers and aspiring homebuyers with the skills, knowledge and information to buy and maintain a home, or, to decrease consumer debt and increase savings on the path to financial stability, wealth building and/or homeownership.
- Obtains necessary information (i.e., loan applications, credit documents, appraisals, etc.) to process and complete mortgage loan files.
- Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks, often simultaneously.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
- Opens new customer accounts by recording client intake information.
- Conserves counselors’ time by:
oCompleting data entry in client management databases.
oFollowing up on missing client intake data and documentation.
oInputting client’s budget information into excel spreadsheet.
oCalculating & verifying client’s income according to conventional underwriting guidelines
oAnalyzing federal tax returns, profit & loss statements, and income & expense statements
oAnalyzing bank statements to verify income and living expenses
oReading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them, in person, on the telephone, r via email; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares pipeline and counseling reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Spanish English Bilingual strongly preferred
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- A minimum of least 2 years mortgage lending/origination, loan servicing, loss mitigation, real estate sales or financial planning experience, or
- A minimum of 2 years housing/foreclosure/mortgage counseling experience
- Familiarity with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in the mortgage or real estate industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Must be creative and able to think outside of the box within the confines of a structure
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and meet deadlines in a high stress environment
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Must have experience working with Caylx Point or other loan origination software
- Valid Real Estate Sales Persons or Broker’s License a plus
- NMLS certification a plus
Valid driver’s license, background check, written exam
Mail cover letter and resume to The Unity Council
1900 Fruitvale Ave, Suite 2A
Oakland, CA 94601
E-mail Reply to Post
In your cover letter, identify the source of this job announcement and your salary requirement.
Because of the volume of anticipated responses, only those applicants who meet the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.