At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Life Safety (HLS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HLS innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in many growing industries, including commercial fire systems, smoke and gas detection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and home and hospital patient monitoring. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HLS technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer III for our Cranston, Rhode Island location.
Responsibilities of Position:
Continuously improves the safety of manufacturing processes (HSE), improves product quality, reduces lead times (Order entry through FG shipping) while decreasing costs (Material and Labor). Functions as manufacturing’s liaison in the NPI process.
Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations to achieve site’s Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory goals through HSE & HOS goals, activities and systems. Provides Equipment, Process, and Project engineering expertise.
1) Complies, mentors others and supports applicable HSE and HOS guidelines and systems:
a) Examples: Cell Risk Assessments, Tier Accountability Meetings, LSW, 5S, Visual Management, RPS, Standardized Work, Process design for Flow, BIQ, Setup Reduction. Total Productive Maintenance.
2) NPI Support (Equipment and HOS/Manufacturing Systems) - Attends project meetings as scheduled, carries out assigned project actions and delivers on schedule, escalates problems to Value Stream Leader, as needed. Leads documented deployment of Engineering Trials and Process Validations.
3) Maintains detailed historical records/archive of process changes, trials, and troubleshooting.
4) Actively updates BOM standards and Standard Work documentation (SOS) through the use of Lean tools and mathematical calculations to determine best manufacturing processes, labor requirements and production standards, Coordinates objectives and activities that resolve production problems that improve safety, product quality while minimizing cost.
5) Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
6) Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
7) Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
8) Ensures systems compliance to engineering drawings and all other applicable documentation (Regulatory, ISO, etc...).
9) Effectively coordinates, manages and facilitates Kaizen events and/or project teams.
10) Able to provide on-site support to all three shifts.
11) Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
2 years of experience in lean manufacturing environment.
2 years of experience in leading multiple projects.
2 years of experience in lean manufacturing tools activities (ref responsibilities of position) being an experienced project/kaizen team facilitator.
2 years of experience in communication with other functional disciplines of a manufacturing organization (i.e.: HSE, Finance, NPD, Quality, Product Management, etc…).
Mechanical or Industrial engineering degree.
6 Sigma certified with implemented projects. (combination of experience in manufacturing, maintenance, and/or engineering management).
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Demonstrated honesty, cooperation, professionalism and integrity.
Possesses a continuous improvement mindset.
Natural leadership abilities, motivates and is a role model.
Ability to effectively engage with others.
Ability to influence through knowledge, experience and communication.
Excels at project and task management, can easily handle multiple tasks simultaneously and negotiate with stakeholders.
Effective facilitation skills.
Self-motivated and proactively identifies and corrects issues.
To view and apply for this position, please visit www.careersathoneywell.com and reference job number 211310.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx .
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...