The Senior Internal Auditor plans, performs, and leads audits, special projects, and consulting engagements in accordance with department and professional standards. From time to time, the senior internal auditor may need to oversee the work of co-sourcing partners engaged to assist the Internal Audit (IA) team.
We are looking for an Internal Audit professional with strong Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge and compliance experience; proficiency with accounting and financial controls; and comprehension of internal auditing standards and GAAP. The Senior Internal Auditor is part of the Global IA Team.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Plan and perform audits, special projects, and consulting engagements to ensure they are conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and are completed on a timely basis. Prepare and/or review supporting documentation.
- Plan and oversee the work of co-sourcing partners to ensure work is performed to standards and completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor open audit issues and report on a monthly basis to IA management.
- Conduct documentation and testing for assigned financial SOX controls.
- Stakeholder in the annual planning process, including development of the audit universe, discussion with management, assessing overall risk for each auditable unit, and assisting with developing the audit schedule.
- Contribute to departmental processes such as audit methodology, policies, procedures and making revisions and improvements when appropriate.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 4 - 6 years experience in an internal audit or related roles (such as public accounting, risk management), ideally in the financial services or investment management industry.
- Experience with SOX documentation, developing/executing test plans, and evaluating results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures and principles.
- Proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques and processes to the performance and review of audits.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality; effective time management.
- Good communication skills, clear and concise, in both verbal and written form; ability to communicate effectively with higher levels of management.
- Proactive and innovative, with an open and collegial work style with ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
- Highly organized individual, with simultaneous attention to detail and grasp of the big picture.
- Logical and persuasive, with ability to influence with diplomacy and tact.
- Technical proficiency with electronic work papers and standard productivity tools.
- Strong academic and professional credentials including an undergraduate degree and professional certification (i.e. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent). Masters preferred.
Russell Investments - 20 months ago
No longer Frank Russell's company (it's a subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual), Russell Investments provides investment services to...