Gann Academy is seeking a Full-Time School Nurse for the 2013-2014 academic year. The school nurse leads the design and implementation of the health services program to advance the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. The nurse uses clinical judgment to assess, diagnose, treat, and evaluate potential and/or actual health conditions. The nurse is a leader in health and wellness promotion and disease prevention and works to maintain a safe school environment. |
Gann Academy is a pluralistic day school (grades 9-12) in Waltham committed to providing a challenging, nurturing, and inspiring education that integrates intensive Jewish studies with the sciences and the humanities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work in collaboration with the Student Services Team to coordinate, plan, execute, evaluate, and provide health services to the student community
• Administer routine medical care and first aid treatment to students and school employees
• Develop procedures and provide for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances; provide emergency services for, and educate school personnel regarding, treatment of injury or sudden illness
• Work collaboratively with the Assistant Head of School, School Psychologist, and Dean of Students to develop and conduct in-service training sessions for school staff on concussion education, life-threatening allergies, Diabetes awareness, emergency preparation, allergy awareness, wellness, and other health-related topics as needed
• Coordinate and teach CPR, AED and First Aid certification classes for appropriate faculty and staff
• Monitor compliance with school policy, current state immunization and health assessment requirements
• Maintain compliance with Essential School Health Grant (ESHS) and reporting requirements; seek out grant opportunities that enhance the school's nursing office equipment, supplies and function
• Keep accurate records, and prepare and file reports according to professional nursing standards and as required and directed by School Administration and as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Additional information and details can be found on the Gann Academy website, https://www.gannacademy.org/gann-careers.
- 21 months ago - save job