Location of office is to be determined but will be in the general Portland/Vancouver region. Commercial Banker is responsible for commercial banking loan requests including review, analysis, and recommendations. Approves loans within stated limits. Assists with overall operation of commercial banking lending division by operating within policies and procedures, following up on delinquencies, selling bank products, and assisting outlying branches regarding commercial banking loan requests. Actively cross-sells all bank products and services.
- Responsible for commercial banking loan requests. May include personal lines of credit (PLC), second REM's and all commercial banking requests, including Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. This would include new requests and an assigned portfolio (if applicable).
- Perform credit analysis on commercial banking loan requests. Includes review and financial analysis to determine risk, structuring, pricing and recommendation.
- Oversee and approve loans within stated approval limits. Write submissions for loan approval to senior loan committee.
- Assist with overall direction of policies and procedures for commercial banking loans.
- Responsible for working commercial delinquencies primarily within designated portfolio. Work watch-list credits, including restructure or liquidation to improve bank's risk exposure.
- Drive sales for all bank accounts and services, including deposits, loans, treasury management, wealth management and related services.
- Partner with outlying branches on commercial banking credit requests. Develop a calling program for the designated portfolio.
- Responsible for promoting and participating in appropriate Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) related opportunities. Report CRA related contracts to the CRA Officer on a timely basis.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
5 - 8 years of business lending experience with prior knowledge of bank services required.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
- Ability to make and service a broad range of complex commercial banking loans; many may involve large amounts of money and important clients.
- Proven strong business development and lead generation skills. Consultative sales skills (i.e. listening and questioning, negotiating, closing and networking).
- Advanced analytical skills with a proven ability to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with others in achieving common goals.
- Advanced PC and spreadsheet skills (Excel preferred).
- Advanced credit analysis skills. Understands the impact that loan pricing and structuring has on the bank overall, as opposed to single transactions.
No recruiters, agencies, third-party agents, or consultants, please - only direct applications from candidates. All other inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Department at (509) 458-2711.
Sterling Bank - 20 months ago