An opening exists for a Process Engineer with Carestream Health’s Toll Coating Group, White City, Oregon. The focus will be on new product and process development for the Carestream Advanced Materials (CAMS) group. The person in this position will lead the development of new manufacturing processes, drive continuous improvement activities within coating operations, and support the commercialization process across all CAMS product platforms.
• Works directly with the Product Development (R&D) and Product Engineering teams. Recommending coating techniques, drying processes, and chemical delivery components.
• Provide equipment and machine set up detail along with technical support for experimental trials and production runs.
• Design and execute statistically designed experiments and modify manufacturing processes based on analysis of the results
• Utilizes process verification and analytical tools to analyze and solve coating, drying, and web handling process problems.
• Resolve process problems by identifying root cause and implementing process controls and/or procedure changes.
• Provide documentation on new processes or changes to existing processes via change management (CMR), software validation, standard operating procedures (SOP), etc.
• Coordinates activities with plant maintenance, systems, utilities, and outside contractors.
• Capital project implementation: Lead design and procurement of new components and processes, mechanical installation, electrical installation, and controls.
• Maintains cost data, schedules, and equipment efficiency reports.
• Work closely and collaboratively with operations personnel and various departments.
• Provide training and mentorship in support of implementing new processes and process improvements.
• Support safe manufacturing practices; participate in PHA and HAZOP reviews.
Applicants must have a minimum of a BS degree in engineering, a physical science, or a related technical degree (Chemical / Mechanical Engineering degree preferred).
A minimum of five years experience is required (8-10 years preferred) in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis in coating and drying technologies.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Sound knowledge of fluid dynamics with an emphasis in mixing, pumping, and filtration.
• Experience in web handling a plus.
• Working knowledge of control systems and mechanical systems.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Project management and leadership experience
• Ability to work independently; highly self motivated, self directed and be results oriented
• Black Belt fundamentals. (Six Sigma, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, DOE, SPC, Lean manufacturing principles).
• Strong mathematical skills and solid understanding of statistics.
• Desire to continually enhance personal skills and knowledge.
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Competent in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt easily to change and be capable of effectively dealing with stressful working situations and conditions.
• Must have a desire to contribute and work in a team environment (lead and interact with operations, maintenance, technical/engineering and management)
Working conditions are in a manufacturing environment including solvent solution delivery areas, coating machinery, and solvent dryer areas as well as basic office spaces. The use of safety glasses, coveralls, safety shoes, and occasional use of hearing protection and vapor respirator will be required.
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nano materials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 13 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...