Junior Project Manager
IT Project Manager is responsible for project administration and support. Under the direction of the Program, Portfolio, or Relationship Manager, they oversee the completion of project tasks and monitor adherence to perpetual project management process standards. The project manager follows up on open items and tracks issues. They apply their knowledge of the best practices for project administration to their key duties, including resource allocation, task planning and progress reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT Project Manager works with their leader to provide leadership and direction through management of the project implementation function and staff. With little required oversight from their leader they are responsible for the following:
- Oversight of project planning, prioritizing, and scheduling
- Effectively negotiating to manage project schedules
- Ensuring all milestones are achieved within identified and documented time, budget, and performance expectations for multiple projects.
- Monitoring of projects from initiation through delivery and offer project planning mentorship and expertise
- Regularly facilitate status review meetings
- Review IT change items to determine appropriate communications or approval
- Provide liaison service for requests into the infrastructure services team.
Facilitate and Coordinate to connect the IT teams with other teams as needed.
- Build trusting relationships and credibility with key operational executives, teaming with functional experts
- Conducts risk assessment of strategic, technical, finance, political or business factors impacting the program. Formulates and takes corrective actions to mitigate deviations to the program plans and alerts management of potential problems when appropriate.
- Assisting with strategic planning and development while ensuring compliance with standards and procedures for the organization
- Evaluating, develop, and/or implement standards and procedures for project management methodology, practices, procedures, and tools
- Identifying gaps in existing internal processes, raise awareness to the appropriate functional group, and identify opportunities to streamline processes, both internally and externally.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field required; graduate or post graduate education in relevant field a plus
- PMP certified a plus
- 2+ years in IT related role such as Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Developer, etc.
US-TN-Nashville - 648 Grassmere Park
Asurion - 17 months ago
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to...