NEED NATIVE REDHAT CLUSTERING (LINUX)
We are the leading IT outsourcing company seeking a qualified Systems Administrator for a premium contract opportunity with one of America's most established and popular media / broadcasting companies.
- Function as a member of a team that is ultimately responsible for all WIN2000 / 2003 / Linux / Unix Servers on the customer network.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, installs patches, and resolves OS level related problems.
- Helps performs system backups and recovery and remediating any backup or restore related issues using Netbackup.
- Leverages knowledge of commonly-used networking concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience as well as instructions to perform the functions of the job and to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision; however, a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to support Windows servers remotely
- Familiarity with HP Rack / Blade hardware
- Familiarity with VMware systems
- Working knowledge of various server related Unix / Linux technologies (RedHat, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX)
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux clustering
- Working knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, various network protocols
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- Ability to create / maintain documented processes
- Must be professional with communication and appearance
- Must be able to execute all assigned tickets / projects quickly and efficiently
- Certifications are a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of Netbackup software a plus
CompuCom - 14 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...