Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. Our team works with the many AWS teams to solve security challenges at massive scale. We build the tools to automate the auditing and secure operation of AWS infrastructure. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis.
Our team is looking for highly intelligent software and systems professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results. You should be passionate about solving security hurdles in innovative ways. We do not desire to simply produce good software here at AWS Security... we want to produce disruptive, history changing innovations.
A typical day on our team involves working with users to design new security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to your users, deploying software through our large automated systems, and operationally supporting your newly deployed software.
This job is located in Herndon, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of ten years software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with Linux operating system development
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Pedro (email@example.com) for more information.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
- Some experience with security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning.
- Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end database and storage systems
- Strong understanding of OO design and implementation experience
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
- A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures and
- object-oriented design
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
Amazon Web Services: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...