The Maintenance Technician inspects, maintains, repairs and installs mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic equipment at plant and/or pump stations.
- High school or GED with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude required, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory site.
- Two to five years experience in a related position in a similar environment with ability to comprehend complex specifications, blueprints and manuals.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to perform all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently maintain, install and repair a variety of equipment which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses.
- Must demonstrate ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench.
- Must demonstrate the ability to inspect and diagnose process problems in multiple unit processes, troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Must demonstrate ability to accurately estimate time and material costs for assigned projects.
- Steel fabrication and welding experience may be required if necessary at site.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software).
- Mechancial, electrical and industrial experience is preferred.
- Hazmat awareness.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (commercial license is desirable) and a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Veolia ES Solid Waste Services is cleaning up in the waste management market. A unit of Veolia Environmental Services North America, the...