Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE: JEC), one of the nation’s largest engineering and technical services-only companies. With 70+ years of experience supporting Government and commercial clients, we have earned a reputation for excellence and outstanding technical and managerial achievements in quality, performance, and safety. We provide a wide range of advanced technology services to Government and industry in four market areas: test and evaluation engineering, operations and maintenance; scientific, engineering, and technical services; design/build and operation of test facilities; and enterprise information services.
The Engineering and Technology Acquisition Support Services (ETASS) contract provides a broad range of engineering support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center's (AFLCMC's) programs located at Hanscom AFB and their geographically separated units.
The United States Air Force is implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Human Capital Management (HCM) solution for ~700,000 Military Users. The successful candidate will be thoroughly versed in Serena Applications Suite of products to support the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment of rolling out and integrating the Serena Suite with other 3rd party tools such as IBM DOORS, IBM Systems Architect, and BMC Remedy.
Jacobs Technology is seeking an experienced Serena Suite Applications Manager - Subject Matter Expert. The candidate must have a strong background in Serena Applications Suite solutions including the following: Release Manager, Dimensions CM, Business Manager, Service Manager, Team Track and PVCS PRO (Version Manager).
The ability to perform advanced engineering/technical tasks with minimal direction is required, as well as being process oriented/detailed centric. Initiative to acquire and thoroughly understand Air Force Business and Business process is a “must have” attribute of this candidate. He/she will demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, adapt to an ever-changing and dynamic environment, and show attention to detail. He/she will become a key resource for the Air Force Integrated Personnel & Pay System (AF-IPPS) program as it matures and progresses through the acquisition lifecycle and builds out many complex solutions for the Air Force HR (A1) Portfolio. The candidate should have a complete understanding and demonstrated track record in applying a broad range of technical principals, theories and concepts in requirements and acquisition management. The candidate must be able to work concurrent tasks/deliverables in a complex highly matrixed ever changing environment with short turnaround tasking. The candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide hands on COTS Application support for Serena Suite of products as listed above
- Support Architectural process between products (Vertical) and integration (Horizontal) of other 3rd party tools within the environment
- Understanding, and hands on experience with managing code from one environment to another, maintaining baselines and configuration
- Subject matter expertise in Serena Suite Applications Management products as it relates to Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, and Sustainment
- Requirements analysis and recommendations of implementing the suite of tools from an efficiency and effectiveness standpoint, while delivering and driving key performance metrics like cost, schedule, and performance
- Design, develop, and implement workflow applications within Business Manager and Service Manager
- Create presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concept solutions as necessary or as required
- Train End users and assist with usage of solutions
- Provide guidance within the Common Tools Environment and associated technical framework
- Provide design, delivery, and guidance on enabling technology within the AF-IPPS Integration System Environment (AISE)
Candidates should have exposure to the following skills:
- Experience in Serena Suite Applications is required
- At least 2 years on a Serena Suite of products
- Serena certification desired
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- In-Depth knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Working knowledge of related engineering disciplines with in a DoD Environment (e.g., systems engineering, software development and test and evaluation)
- Ability to use other third party COTS tools applications - IBM System Architect, IBM DOORS, IBM Cognos, BMC Remedy, HP ALM, & Ab Initio
- Must be able to operate both as a collaborative team member and as an independent problem-solver
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) skills and briefing preparation/delivery skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
BS Degree and 15 years of experience; MS degree and 13 years of experience; or PhD and 9 years of experience required.
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and possess ability to acquire a U.S. Security Clearance.
This position may require travel of up to one week per month.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), you may be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country in order to be granted a clearance.