Job Title: Cost Accountant
Direct Manager Title: Cost/Finance Manager
III. LEVEL OF THE POSITION:
Coty Leadership Model: Stage I & II
IV. MISSION :
The Cost Accountant is expected to be the “local business expert” for their respective Brands. As such, individuals in this function must demonstrate significant knowledge of their products, including all cost and operational areas. Employees are expected to participate as active members of the Brand management team and communicate effectively with all levels of management and across functional areas. Employees must demonstrate the proper level of commitment to deadlines, accuracy, attention to detail and continuous improvement necessary to succeed in today’s business environment.
- In support of the Operations and Commercial Divisions, calculate 100% of ICP's in an accurate and timely manner. The annual planning process will be completed by the team, using mass processing functions.
- Responsible for reviewing the accuracy of information for his/her respective brands.
- Develop ICP’s in support of ongoing business
- Responsible for comparing ICP’s to their respective estimates and/or planning goals (i.e. index) and communicating any material deviations to management.
- Cost Accounting will support the Planners, Marketing Specialists and Finance Specialists in NY in the analysis of actual, budget and variance results for their respective brands.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for their respective brand(s).
- Review and verify for accuracy all estimates and insure reasonableness versus existing standards.
- Recommend alternatives for cost savings.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts as required (i.e. COG’s, Manufacturing Variances, Marketing Charges and Tooling).
- Research and book all appropriate journal entries related to their respective brand.
- Support management objectives to improve business processes and methodologies
- Safe practices will be observed while in the scope of employment and when conducting business on Coty property. All job responsibilities must be performed in a safe manner.
VI. KEY INDICATORS (as identified on Site Scorecard Objectives):
- Reduce total Supply Chain Costs
- Improve Cash
- Improve Personnel Safety
VII. KNOWLEDGE / ATTITUDES / SKILLS:
- Understanding of Financial principals related to the P&L, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements
- Knowledge of all financial processes related to the general ledger finance system
- Knowledge of reporting systems and processes
- Budget and forecast management knowledge
- Knowledge of TQM methodology and process management
- Knowledge on RM & TQM basics
- Results focused
- Determine these results through rigorous work where data and facts are the only basis for decision making
- Have a “customer oriented” philosophy as he/she will have a main internal customer in the warehouse, planning and finished goods departments
- Demonstrate anticipation, reactivity and methodology
- Demonstrate leadership. Look after the quality program application and improvement
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to team with co-workers, department heads, and managers
- Experienced in providing timely and accurate information for decision making
- Demonstrate ability to initiate and complete action plans for improvement
- Microsoft Office with large focus on Excel
- Oracle and/ or SAP preferred
- Bachelor in Accounting/Finance or related business field
- Three-Five years of experience as well as good communication skills.
VIII. VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL FOOTBRIDGES:
Vertical: Cost Accounting Manager, Financial Inventory Manager, General Accounting Manager, Logistics Finance Manager
Horizontal: Financial Reporting Accountant, Inventory Control Supervisor, General Accountant
Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyoncé, and Jennifer Lopez are just a few of the celebs to promote Coty. It is one of the world's leading makers...