Monsanto’s Technology Development & Agronomy organization is looking for a Safety Technician to coordinate the safety and health programs for the agronomy centers in Scott and Leland, Mississippi.
- Supervise the work activities and personnel involved with completion of the safety and health programs.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new hires.
- Organize safety and driver training, first aid, accident incident management, and safety committees.
- Conduct site inspections and audits as required by site management and Environmental Safety and Health (ESH) programs.
- Acquisition and distribution of safety related materials, supplies and equipment.
- Initiate and complete the preparation of related and required records.
- Maintain compliance with all related state, US, and Company policies and regulations.
- Organize and plan monthly safety meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Health, Human Resources, or a related discipline OR a high school diploma/GED and 2 years experience in environmental, safety, health, human resources, agricultural operations, or a related field.
- Possess the ability to work with site management, ESH staff, and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of ESH and OSHA regulations.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and be able to manage confidential information.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Have decision making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to acquire the necessary certifications or licenses. (i.e. the ability to gain certification of 10HR OSHA and/or the 30HR OSHA)
Monsanto - 12 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...