A sales trainer (senior level) is a professional position requiring in-depth knowledge and experience. The incumbent is responsible for preparing and facilitating training sessions for Combined Insurance’s new agents and front-line management staff in a classroom setting.
Facilitation includes demonstrating a comprehensive sales approach by reviewing the sales life cycle and product lines. Maintaining a high energy level and positive morale is essential.
The Senior Sales trainer will effectively guide adult learners through programs focused on personal development, selling skills, and activity management. A successful trainer continuously maximizes their student’s effectiveness by utilizing a variety of best practices, techniques and educational concepts.
• Prepares and facilitates routine training for field agents and front-line management staff members to suit an adult learner.
• Serve as a SME (subject matter expert) and formally train junior level staff members and lead project assignments on a routine basis.
• Manages classroom behaviors to ensure participants are adequately engaged in learning and will seek assistance to remove participants who are not and serve as a distraction to the learning process e.g., impacting moral.
• Performs basic administrative functions to maintain organization and classroom management; tasks could include managing attendance, training calendars, and records.
• Continuously seeks ongoing feedback and keeps lines of communication open to classroom participants, peers and management team; modifies sessions as needed.
• Issues assessment tools to monitor participant progress.
• Consistently monitors and assesses a participant’s performance, trends, and identifies specific skill/gaps to ensure training objectives are satisfied.
• Provides input and makes recommendations regarding the procedures and practices of agent training.
• Provides ongoing training support to field agents and account executives; may assist with client-specific training.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
• Coaching and Mentoring
o Provides feedback
o Assess performance
o Fosters team commitment
o Listens to others and remains open
o Quickly adjusts to the situation at hand
• Learning Orientation
o Stays up to date
o Remains positive
• Presenting a viewpoint
o Influencing a group
o Communicates to simplify
SPECIFIC SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
• 8-10 years of facilitation experience
• Proficient in using MS Suite (MS word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Sales experience is a plus
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to communicate with a variety of levels within the organization
• Ability to work interpedently and lead others
• Travel up to 50%
Ace Group - 23 months ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...