This position is located in Sitka, Alaska and is a Joint Commission Accredited hospital.
The General Manager of Hospital Food Service is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and motivated manager who is constantly seeking excellence in service standards. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food Services in a Hospital. The General Manager ensures client, customer service satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations. Responsible for all foodservice related activities; including patient, retail and catering, quality improvement, sanitation and infection control. The General Manager provides strong leadership to a team whose focus is exceptional service, exceptional quality and driving customer service.
- Direct responsibility for a Joint Commission accredited hospital
- Provides team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness at the unit and with the client.
- Oversees expenditures and controls unit financials.
- Directs daily food service operations in order to provide quality products operations including menu evaluation, planning, purchasing, inventory, receiving, food preparation and storage.
- Maintains and implements sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Develops a monthly report for the client that establishes a rapport, promotes partnership and fulfills the client needs and expectations.
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Executes strategic plan by implementing short and long term goals that align with the scope of services, mission, and values.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, and motivate.
- Prepares and updates statistical reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, local regulations and Sodexho/Client policies and procedures.
- Supervises day-today work activities, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure performance is in accordance with business strategic initiatives.
- Maintains kitchen and storage facilities to meet/exceed sanitary conditions.
- Provides direction to employees and independently determines and develops approach to solutions, work is reviewed periodically and ensure objectives have been met.
- Supervision provided has direct responsibility of client contract and manages activities of unit, exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments, functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations, becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Develops and administer budgets, schedules and performance.
- GM has responsibility for selection, orientation and training and development of employees, including initiating personnel actions, such as the hiring and termination of employees.
- Monitors internal quality assurance and food safety audit process including HACCP record keeping.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A Degree plus 3 years of directly related experience (GM of a foodservice unit for a Joint Commission Accredited hospital 50 beds or more and have participated in and satisfied the requirements of a Joint Commission survey), Registered Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager.
- If not currently a CDM, must be enrolled and have seven years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory purchasing knowledge and control.
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include client, management, customer and front line staff levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, e-mail, Microsoft Office programs, and the internet.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, role may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high level constituents, representation of the organization, advanced tact and diplomacy, etc.
- Systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with clients, supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors.
- The willingness and ability to be aware of, understand, respect, and values the diverse cultural, ethnic, gender, age, educational, professional, etc. backgrounds and styles of other and to adapt ones own behavior based on that understanding.
- Provide excellent service to external/internal customers and clients. This includes seeking to meet customer needs, expectations, and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with difficult internal or external customers; reviewing complaints from internal/external customers and taking action to remedy the complaint and treating the customer as valuable.
- Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism and passion when working.
- Work productively and effectively in a fast paced, stressful, demanding, and/or ambiguous work environment.
- Delegate the authority to complete work activities, giving clear direction as to what needs to be done, and monitoring performance against a predetermined deadline and/or measure of quality to ensure quality and timely completion of assignments.
- Set priorities, plan, and coordinate work activities including developing plans with long-range horizons based upon a sound knowledge of corporate expectations (policies, budgets, strategic plans).
- Motivate and guide others to work hard by building a sense of teamwork and commitment including clearly communication and reinforcing aims and goals of team, unity, cooperation and excellence.
- The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and customers when conveying information, using correct grammar and not slang terms, and targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); occasional walking; standing for up to 4 hours; occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Work is performed in a professional office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, squat, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, key, answer telephones, discuss issues with fellow employees, and lift and carry 25 pounds frequently as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. As this is a salaried position, it may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
NMS USA - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -