Abel Womack, Inc . offers its customers customized, cost-effective, material handling solutions while delivering the ultimate warehouse optimization experience. We provide application specific, mission critical, integrated warehouse solutions for the supply chain, from a single conveyor or forklift truck to outfitting an entire facility with everything but the people! Our clients come from a wide array of industries including apparel, grocery, manufacturing, aviation and auto parts, medical/pharmaceutical, office supplies, and distribution centers. For our clients, we are a single source for warehouse design engineering, equipment procurement and support services. As the largest provider of Raymond products and services in the Northeast, we have the resources to get the job done; on time, on budget.
Our tagline is discover the difference, because of our unique capabilities and philosophy. Our mission is to maximize the client experience while exceeding their expectations. We accomplish that by embracing the values of integrity, empathy, customer care, passion and teamwork that make our clients and team members proud to be associated with us. Come join our team, and see how you can be the difference .
If you are a dynamic, strategic manager with experience in industrial equipment rental, pre-owned sales and/or warehouse operations, we are interested in talking to you! Abel Womack seeks an Aftermarket Manager who will assume responsibility for consistent, process-based, customer-focused Rental, PreOwned and Warehouse operations. The Aftermarket Manager will exercise initiative and independent judgment to develop, direct and manage programs, communications, processes and procedures to ensure continued growth and profitability of the After Market department. General responsibilities will include:
• identifying and meeting internal and external customer needs for pre-owned or rental material handling equipment in order to generate a profit
• Participation in creating strategic plans using sales projections, lease return projections and other budget-related factors, and creating an annual, documented plan for efficient, effective operations of the department
• Continually developing, reviewing, auditing and updating department operating procedures and local work instructions to ensure they are current with business necessity and in support of overall goals of the organization • Hiring, training and supervising Rental, Pre-Owned and Warehouse staff
• Maintaining/establishing/monitoring systems that ensure complete tractability of equipment entering or leaving our facilities. Assisting with the inventory process to ensure a complete company-wide reconciliation can be performed; ensuring complete adherence to established inventory processes and procedures, while continually evaluating procedure and considering the needs of all affected parties.
• Directing and monitoring storage use in the warehouse such that all assets are orderly, accessible and protected from risk of loss
• Working collaboratively with other managers toward the accomplishment of corporate goals
As leader of the PreOwned equipment department, the AfterMarket Manager will:
• Proactively and reactively source PreOwned equipment orders and make equipment available to the organization, ensuring a steady flow of equipment is being processed through the Shop and maintaining an inventory of equipment ready for immediate sale.
• Working closely with the Sales department, he/she will manage the End-of-Lease (EOL) process, identifying sales opportunities and organizing freight proactively to reduce expense.
• Build relationships with used equipment suppliers and other dealers to promote growth and foster cooperative business partnerships – effectively establishing sales channels outside of the AW sales team to ensure inventory movement
• Maintain a database of suppliers and wholesalers for distribution during a push to decrease inventory
The After Market Manager will collaborate with other Managers using process based reporting to determine correct fleet size and model mix required to meet customer needs while controlling lease and depreciation expense. Working cooperatively within the Product Support Group, he/she will continually attempt to minimize Field Service fleet maintenance and repair costs. In addition, the After Market Manager will foster strong relationships with Raymond Service Centers to promote growth, build cooperative business partnerships and generate opportunities to increase revenue.
The successful applicant will
• demonstrate strategic, big-picture thinking backed by a focus on the tactical aspects of the work
• possess the ability to set and achieve specific standards for self and others, with a focus on schedule and quality
• accept decision-making authority and responsibility for department performance
• be successful as an independent contributor, while also demonstrating excellent communication, delegation and collaboration skills. Requirements
• Degree in Business or related field preferred.
• 7-10 years management level experience in similar industry desired • Strong understanding of financial, operational and business aspects of a company required
• Solid managerial aptitude with ability to create procedures required • Strong computer skills
• Positive attitude and well-groomed professional appearance required.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communications and organizational skills required
• Must be able to travel between locations (Lawrence, MA, Wallingford, CT, Farmingdale, NY), attend meetings, and visit with customers across all Abel Womack territories
Abel Womack, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package which includes Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical and Dental, a 401(k) plan with company match, Profit Sharing, Vision benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, life and disability insurance, and more. We provide comprehensive, on-the-job training to well qualified applicants, and also offer tuition reimbursement to help you continue to build your skills.
If you wish to be a part of a dynamic and professional service organization, please click on the link below!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
ABEL WOMACK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABEL WOMACK offers its customers customized, cost-effective, material handling solutions while delivering the ultimate warehouse...