The Shopper Insights Manager is a customer facing role responsible for leading cross-functional activities to collaboratively develop and implement shopper insight based programs & promotional activities across the Vitamins and Diet/Nutrition Categories at CVS. This person must demonstrate leadership, the ability to influence others, a passion for the shopper and a drive to deliver desirable results.
The Shopper Insights Manager will be our expert in category & shopper insights. He/she will lead the process for identification of customer specific opportunities and assist with any research needs, strategic initiatives, category plan execution and analysis on the CVS account.
This position works with ExtraCare loyalty card data, customer specific POS, syndicated market data, AC Nielsen household panel data, & consumer research.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, sales, trade marketing, & consumer insights, aligning objectives across all key stakeholders, to design projects and action shopper insights that can be implemented at the account as well as across the organization
- Build shopper insight based programs to drive sales and build loyalty among CVS shoppers & our brands. Interact directly with appropriate CVS personnel to implement programs
- Analyze and manage performance/effectiveness of shopper programs and provide continual strategic recommendations to sales/brand teams on most effective vehicles
- Utilize loyalty card data and partner with the Category Development team to provide proactive insights around assortment, new item launches, promotional and category trends, etc.
- Integrate insight from all available data sources to further position US Nutrition as a thought-leader in the industry
- Work collaboratively with other account teams to share best practices and establish KPIs by retailer and COT
- Develop & manage clear, concise and compelling presentations. Attend account calls with Sales and Category on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with all relevant CVS department team members (Merchandising, ExtraCare, Digital, Product Development, and Store Brands
- 3+ years of experience within the CPG industry (relative experience in Sales, Marketing (brand or customer), Shopper insights, Analytics, Brand Management, or Category Development)
- Prior experience working with CVS and ExtraCare is required
- Experience within the Vitamin or Diet/Nutrition categories a plus
- Experience utilizing IRI or AC Nielsen
- Prior experience w/ direct account coverage a must
Education - Certification - Licenses & Registrations:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced skills in leveraging loyalty card data to execute shopper insight based marketing programs
- Driven self-starter w/ ability to take on and lead multiple projects
- Works well in a team environment
- Willingness to travel 10%-20%
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...