The Associate Consultant (AC) works closely with our consulting team in providing research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of good business sense and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities. Associate Consultant responsibilities include the daily administration and management of a number of client relationships.
This is a hands-on job with an upward trajectory to client consulting assignments for top performers. There is an expectation that you will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and manage client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. ACs must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables to company standards and deadlines.
- Complete a variety of special projects at the request of the client and/or Consultant. Typical projects include: asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, portfolio rebalancing, and special research projects.
- Provide day-to-day client service in support of the lead Consultant.
- Execute client deliverables to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Perform research on investment management firms and meet with investment managers.
- Write, edit, and proofread client communications and training materials for clients with regard to various investment topics.
- Define key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Assist co-workers or other staff with questions or concerns.
- Provide training on elements of investment process and procedures, as needed.
- Attend meetings and present special projects and/or performance reports to clients.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Genuine desire to work hard and progress in the investment consulting profession.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Proven project management and organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Well versed in quantitative analytical techniques ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills comfortable presenting in front of Board of Trustees and Investment Committees.
- Proven self-starter able to work and think independently.
- Adaptability to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of software and business applications proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point),
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Bloomberg, Morningstar, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
- Strong work ethic able to work Monday Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary some evening and weekend time).
- Able to travel as needed across the U.S.A.
- Track record of success with a minimum of three (3) years of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, banking, private equity, or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation or Masters degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration is strongly encouraged.
To learn more about our company, please visit us at www.rvkuhns.com . If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then apply with us today.
Interested candidates must submit their employment application and credentials through the company web site at http://rvkuhns.com/contacts/employment.php . Submit a cover letter with salary requirements and detail how your work and/or academic experience meet the job requirements. Only those candidates whose qualifications meet the job requirements will be contacted for further consideration.
No phone calls, faxes, recruiting or temporary agencies please.
RVK offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
All applications must be submitted through the company web site. No direct solicitations will be accepted.
RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.