The Information Technology Associate (ITA) Program is a 6-12 month employee development rotational program designed to train and mentor employees in the Service Center, Application Administration, IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security, and Business Application Development departments. The length of the rotation is dependent on the number of years in a related position. ITA’s will spend up to three months learning the processes and duties within the participating departments. Upon successful completion of all rotations the ITA will be interview for promotion into a position in one of the participating departments or other position according to their skill set and current job openings at all SNC locations.
The IT Associate will acquire the following skills:
• Answer, evaluate and prioritize user requests for assistance with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and other computer-related technologies.
• Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up of user requests
• Learn installation, configuration and support of computer desktop and laptop systems.
• Manage assets of hardware and software products supported through the service desk.
• Create support services documentation including knowledge entries on desktop issues and application configurations.
• Learn basic application administration tasks such as Installation, Configuration, Deployment Upgrading, Patching, System Monitoring, Performance Analysis and Tuning of Lotus Notes, Sharepoint, Corporate website, SCCM (workstation management) and Blackberry environments.
• Participate in resolution of issues and support incidents.
• Evaluate and deploy Microsoft security patches collections, packages, and advertisements.
• Maintain security, develop interfaces for data consolidation and develop workflow structures.
• Register and initialize Smart Phone devices for mobile users
• Network Architecture and interoperability in wide geographic scenarios
• OS level functionality and accompanying/complementing software solutions
• Active Directory Structure and optimization
• Participate in patch and hotfix management
• Storage Architecture and management
• Business Continuance and Disaster Recovery
• Learn basic security administration across computers, servers, and business systems including layered and redundant security principles
• Learn proper use of detection, malware and network threat detection, analysis and remediation
• Exposure to advanced threat analysis and remediation
• Perform Incident response actions as required
Business Application Development
• Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Business Stakeholders to gather business, functional, and technical, and UI requirements for solutions that address business needs and opportunities.
• Translate application requirements into design documents and use cases and propose changes that would make the environment a more effective solution.
• Assist Development team in analyzing, designing, developing and delivering Web-based, .NET –based, and Lotus Notes-based applications and making recommendations accordingly. Document source code accordingly.
• Assist Development team in creating and executing QA test plans for ongoing projects.
• Assist Data Services team in analyzing data sets using SQL Studio for data anomalies and patterns. Assist team with data integration/SSIS administration of existing packages, and participate in building of new integrations.
** Relocation may be required upon successful completion of the program. Candidates must be willing to relocate to other SNC locations**
The ITA Program is open to recent college graduates with zero to approximately three years previous experience. The length of the rotation is dependent on the number of years in a related position and desired career track within IT. Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Business degree with Minor in IS/equivalent preferred. Position requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 24 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...