Assistant Store Manager
Minimum Qualifications: The following are required or preferred unless specifically stated:
• 1 year Assistant Manager experience responsible for managing a department/team within a multi-department operation within the retail, hospitality, or service industry required, OR;
2 years Department Manager experience responsible for managing a department/team within a multi-department operation within the retail, hospitality, or service industry required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree is preferred.
• Proficient customer service and supervisory skills.
• Solid understanding of overall store operations.
• Solid leadership skills.
• Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be required to complete an assessment to measure key retail management, organizational knowledge.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overall management responsibility for operation of retail grocery store during absence of the Store Manager, including store performance, control of cash, inventory and security, customer services, and management of staff.
• Track, analyze and take action to improve store performance by forecasting of weekly/daily sales goals and meeting or exceeding established goals.
• Communicate sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities with staff to ensure positive results.
• Forecast, schedule, and monitor labor to be consistent with store sales and productivity guidelines and wage budgets; create action plan to address cost control issues.
• Support Store Manager with development and direction in the execution of strategies to improve product placement and appearance.
• Monitor display accuracy and appearance to implement promotions. Ensure that products are properly displayed and ordered in a manner to maintain in-stock conditions.
• Manage issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, safety and sanitation.
• Oversee and monitor handling of cash and accounting. Ensure store is secured.
• Prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage time and resources so that work objectives are met.
• Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures, including check cashing, security, safety, sanitation, wage and hour, etc.
• Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide customers with superior customer service through use of best practices and communication of the importance of superior customer service.
• Select, train, develop, and manage job performance of store employees, with assistance of other management personnel.
• Provide constructive suggestions and encouragement, set performance expectations, provide honest feedback, and identify assignments to provide others with developmental opportunities.
• Maintain appropriate professional relationship with union officials, and ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement provisions, if applicable.
• Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisors, suppliers, and customers effectively handling complex or difficult situations involving others.
• Motivate others to perform the job and work towards common objectives. Serve as a role model to others instilling a positive attitude in his/her employees.
Safeway Corp. - 11 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North America&...