Systems Administrators are responsible for the health and maintenance of all systems on the network at all locations, and for recognizing and taking ownership of systems issues. Their responsibilities will include the administration of all server architectures we provide, while being a technical point of contact during escalations in server or multi-server events. Systems Administrators are also responsible for the successful implementation, operation, and support of new and current product offerings.
Systems Administrators will be required to do some programming and scripting utilizing Batch, Bash, PowerShell and Perl. Systems Administrators will regularly take part in various operations oriented improvement or enhancement projects. Systems Administrators are responsible for creating and executing work plans for escalated events, ensuring that issues are resolved as quickly as possible. They are responsible for identifying trends and chronic problems. They will perform root cause analysis and establish plans for the resolution of these issues.
Systems Administrators will be responsible for planning and deploying components related to the rollout of new products and services. This will include hardware build out, software configuration, overseeing user testing, and developing maintenance schedules. Systems Administrators are also responsible for fixing defects found in our product offerings for both our external and internal customers.
- Be technical point of contact during escalated server or multi-server events.
- Handle escalated customer facing issues.
- Take part in operational and strategic projects.
- System Administration tasks including server performance issue mitigation, scripting automation, and root cause analysis.
- Slot Management for shared hosting environment including deployment of new shared systems, testing of new shared systems, and data cleanup of existing systems.
- Documentation of processes and procedures regarding our environment, team interactions, system implementations, and product deployment.
- Documentation of new and existing solutions, services, and special configurations.
- On-Call rotation to assist with performance degradation or system down incidents.
- Planning, testing, and deploying new product offerings.
- Work with our customers to fix and patch application defects.
- Manage, patch, build, and document our VMWare ESX infrastructure and Parallels Virtuozzo VPS environment.
- Troubleshoot and prevent escalated dedicated server issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field
- Must have strong functional knowledge of both Windows & Linux based operating systems.
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills