Job Title: Executive Technology Support Engineer
Job ID: 100604
Location: Nebraska, Omaha;New Jersey, Jersey City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Manager
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
The Executive Technology Support Engineer has primary responsibility of direct 24/7 support and functionality of all technology needs for Executive Management and their support staff. With an understanding of current end user computing corporate standards, this individual will customize and implement solutions based on executive need. The Executive Technology Support Engineer will research, syndicate and implement new end user technology individually and in collaboration with Technology partners.
The Executive Technology Support Engineer must be able to respond, track, resolve and own end to end issues for all execs and their staff, facilitate full documentation of any issues, have a full profile capture of each executive and liaison with all Technology organizations, external companies, carriers and service providers in addition to coordination and support of special projects. Although primarily autonomous, this individual needs to communicate effectively based on audience and know when to escalate an issue – whether to management or technical peers.
Position responds meticulously to requests along with proactive planning and preventative maintenance for all their IT needs. Technical Scope includes support of executive / staff mobile devices, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals, wireless access, file sharing, applications, remote access, and video conferencing used in the office, in transit, home, and during travel. Support spans all TD Ameritrade locations globally, non-TD Ameritrade locations and remote offices where required. This position is responsible for service / device deployment, while also providing technical support, end user training and ensuring an overall phenomenal user experience.
Custom support is also required of IT and Logistics for meetings, presentations, web collaboration, tools, etc
As well as specific Travel needs and IT Security.
While this is a technical position, this is a service position too. The successful candidate is:
- A person who stays current on end user technology trends; understands how Executives use technology – as well as what emerging features and functionality might be useful; thinks proactively about what is needed versus reactive only; and is quite ok with getting off-hour phone calls (nights and weekends).
- Operates with the necessary sense of urgency and discretion based on the clientele.
- Can demonstrate knowledge across many disciplines of technology: end user devices; network; remote access; security; and use of business applications. Will often serve as technical liaison to interface with other teams on behalf of the executive.
Position will also develop and maintain the relevant and requisite Executive Support processes and procedures in conformance with IT and Corporate Policies and guidelines. Position will work with other CTO groups (desktop engineering, network, security, etc.) to ensure sound practices are employed.
- Will respect the organization, but will not be constrained by normal processes. In short, knows how to get things done in a timely and exacting manner – yet, is a team player.
Main Accountability 1: Provide support and functionality of all technology needs for
Executive Management, including: mobile devices, desktops laptops, tablets, and video conferencing used in the office, in transit, home, and during travel. Act as a technology guru / evangelist focusing on understanding executive requirements and providing for their technology needs
Main Accountability 2: Serve as the liaison between Executive Management (including their executive administrators) and the Chief Technology Officer(CTO) organization (design, implementation, and support teams) in supporting Main Accountability 1
- Manage executive technology proactively to provide the appropriate level of availability and stability. This includes necessary maintenance, upgrades, and care and feeding of tools.
- When there is an outage related to a device or platform, restore service in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure that all devices have the necessary level of reliability for each executive.
- Evolve the use of Executive technology – how they are used; and which tools. Identify emergent technology and functionality useful to executives.
- Continuous improvement of Executive Support processes
- Understand and react to executive management requirements and needs
- Build and develop proactive and cooperative relationships with executive administrators and support.
Main Accountability 3: Stay abreast of technology developments and enable the IT Executive Support team to fulfill its mission.
- Interface and work with various technology groups providing technology services to our executives
- Effectively work the organization to accomplish tasks / goals in a timely and rationale manner.
- Liaise with external technology providers
- Stay on top of emerging end user technology; devices; software.
- Develop an overall technology roadmap pertaining to executives; manage technology lifecycle in accordance with the plan.
- Identify opportunities to provide additional functions; or otherwise facilitate our busy executives’ day through technology
- Offer appropriate Services to provide appropriate service levels with the least complexity and cost.
- Education Level required: 2 Year College Degree
- Education Level preferred: 4 Year College Degree
- Major Required: Open
- Years of Related Experience: 5+
- Years Total Experience: 5+
- Ability to interface and work with executive management in a highly dynamic, demanding, and mobile environment.
- Superior customer service and analytical abilities.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Work regular hours, plus ability to be on call and to work off-hours to address problems and complete projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of technologies such as personal devices, laptops, tablets, Windows XP and 7, OSX, IOS, Android, Blackberry, WiFi, MiFi, Bluetooth, Broadband, network routing, access, remote access, personal productivity software, terminal emulators, and videoconferencing technology
- Strong knowledge of mobility concepts, mobile device functionality and mobile device operating systems.
- 3-5 years’ work experience with Mobile Technologies, mobile device deployment or cellular services.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh platforms.
- Background as a systems engineer / integrator is desirable
- Travel may be required.
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when...