United States-New York-Brooklyn
US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
The Systems Engineering Manager leads the Systems Engineering office of Northrop Grumman’s program team in support of the Emergency Communications Transformation Program, Stage II. This is a large scale, high visibility, multi-agency program to design and implement the information systems associated with the second of two consolidate public safety answering centers for the City of New York. The position requires the successful candidate to manage a team of approximately 10 systems engineers and interface with the both NGSC and the Client Agencies Senior, Mid-level and Line Management, and Technical/Operational staff.
The Systems Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the refinement of the system of systems vision in support of the client’s needs/requirements against industry standards; managing development and refinement of technical and operational requirements for multiple projects related to the emergency communications center fit-out of technology; improving engineering processes; mentoring junior or mid-level engineers; directing a requirements and business process staff in the development of Use Cases, Test Cases and managing the programs requirements traceability. The Systems Engineering manager will work also with the Chief Engineer to provide technical leadership for the program.
This position requires an experienced senior engineer who can lead a team and support the complete product life-cycle activities associated with various information technology-oriented projects in support of a unified Public Safety Answering Center (PSAC) design, integration and testing. The position involves the following activities: customer interface, system requirements analysis; requirements development, allocation, and documentation; functional analysis and decomposition; functional architecture development; system design support; trade studies; interface control specification development and interface design documentation; verification, including verification case development and documentation; impact assessment of customer requests; Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership throughout a projects life cycle; presentation development and stakeholder briefings at key review points; and coordination of development and implementation activities among several City agencies. They will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills are required
- Previous experience designing and implementing large scale secure mission critical communications, command and control systems or call centers is required, preferably within the last 5 years.
- Practical working knowledge of Public Safety Police/Fire/EMS voice and data application technologies and integration is highly desired
- Proven working knowledge and experience with programmatic skills including scheduling, staff management, cost analysis and control, development and presentation of Trade Studies and White Papers is required
- A solid understanding of public safety (Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services) concepts of operations is highly desirable
- Must be able to manage a team of diverse functional and business process engineers, and support multiple projects
- Must possess a positive outlook, be an active listener, detailed focused while being able to keep the global goal and design of the projects and program in focus and be able to broker agreements on technical solutions
- Must be proficient with the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio applications
- Must have previous experience with managing the development of system/subsystem use cases, test case development against mission threads, and execution of testing activities to meet an aggressive program timeline
- Must have previous experience with various business process modeling and analysis, and analysis tools (e.g., Excel; Contour; HP Quality Center; Metastorm; iGraphix; Remedy).
Masters Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines and at least 20 years of System Engineering experience.
Bachelors’ degree and 23 years of applicable experience in lieu of Masters may be considered.
Security Clearance: Ability to successfully pass a Public Safety Background Check, and maintain a Position of Public Trust Clearance.
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NY and the other 4 boroughs as needed.
Relocation assistance will be considered for successful candidate.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...