This position is responsible for providing exceptional service to bank customers by assisting with loans for consumer and real estate as well as utilizing knowledge of the various accounts and products offered by the bank.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Explains, promotes, and sells bank products and services as appropriate based on individual customer needs.
Supports First United’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, exceptional customer service, and superior product knowledge.
Provides administrative support to the loan officer including closing and booking loans, preparing loan worksheets, collecting and ordering necessary documents such as flood certificates, title work, and appraisals.
Assists customers in filling out loan and/or credit applications.
Updates loan information in computer.
Ensures that loan files contain documents with proper signature, dates, and other relevant data.
Assembles and verifies accuracy of loan documentation by checking documents for proper vesting, legal descriptions, closing dates, and signatures.
Prepares and closes deferrals.
Provides assistance to the loan officer with exception reports.
Answers telephone inquires and written inquires concerning loan processing and account information.
Accepts loan payments.
Prepares and mails past due letters and collection letters.
Provides NADA values for customers.
Performs variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of departmental procedures.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Handles customer complaints and escalates issues to supervisor as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness in and around work station.
- Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve department.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior banking experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong understanding of loans and loan products.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to use e-mail, phone, and other communication tools are necessary.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
- Takes initiative in development and completion of projects.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
First United Bank - 2 years ago