The Administrative Secretary Confidential is responsible for providing departmental administrative support to Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and other employees within one or more departments. The position has primary responsibility for assisting in the effective operation of the office and coordinating a variety of activities within the department including purchasing, preparing department budget reports, and similar activities.
This position assists in scheduling meetings and preparing materials for disciplinary and grievance actions related to represented staff. Additionally, the incumbent has access to sensitive personnel information related to staff with performance issues, staff not passing probation, and staff on performance improvement plans and hiring/termination decisions.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Technical degree or post high school education preferred.
3. Two (2) years experience in an Administrative support function required.
4. Knowledge of the principles of office management/procedures as applied to effective organization of office and department operations.
5. Knowledge of basic to intermediate accounting and financial practices.
6. Excellent computer skills. Experience with word processing, database and spreadsheet software programs required.
7. Experience developing and maintaining filing systems.
8. Excellent customer service abilities. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, department administrative staff, interdepartmental contacts and the general public.
9. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
10. Ability to plan and organize the workflow in a busy office environment.
11. Ability to be self-directed in accomplishing the coordination and decision making responsibilities of this position. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
12. Resourceful in problem solving.
13. Ability to review financial and operational reports to produce custom reports, trending reports and analyses.
14. Ability to be organized and flexible in response to changing demands. Ability to handle a high volume of work under pressure.
15. Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions.
16. Ability to maintain information confidential in nature.
17. Physical Requirements: Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
50%, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm and as needed.
Contact Amy Langenohl for more information at ALangenohl@uwhealth.org or at 608-265-8897.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard