The PBX Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
• Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
• Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
• Provides information to callers as appropriate.
• Performs overhead paging.
• Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
• Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
• Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
• Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
• Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area. Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
• Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- Previous PBX operator experience in a hospital preferred.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Parkridge Valley, the two-campus behavioral health facility of Parkridge Health System, has served the tri-state area for 40 years and...