Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon continues to innovate with new products in the Kindle family including the Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Paperwhite.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer excited by the challenge of building cutting edge products. This will involve making solid middleware frameworks for devices that provide technology to enable many creative applications. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of exciting new products that will be used everyday by people you know. Products that influence the industry and change the world. Products that people love.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
- Prototype new technology, investigate new approaches, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to deliver high quality software
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3+ years of professional experience with C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Experience building successfully shipped commercial or production software
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand needs/issues and develop cooperative solutions
- Proven experience and ability to take a project from inception through delivery
- Experience with real-time application development
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Experience with device software development
- Android or mobile application development experience is a plus
- Computer Vision or Machine Learning experience is a plus
- Java and open-source technology experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon.com - 14 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...