Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for a Senior UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator to join our growing IT team.
- Support over 150+ servers with over 1,500 VM’s
- Provision, manage and troubleshoot physical and virtual servers and vCenter-managed VMware infrastructure.
- Perform hardware installation, setup, and troubleshooting, along with server builds, configuration, and remote management.
- Specific services include, but may not be limited to the following: AD, NIS, Application server support, Client-side OS support, Security services.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting of OS and hardware components.
- Support 24x7 data center environment by responding to off hour's calls within IT SLA guidelines.
- Resolve issues or escalate appropriately through support chain.
- Perform system maintenance on both hardware and software; evaluate, test and integrate upgrades.
- Deploy advanced alerting and monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Performance monitoring, system fine-tuning, trouble shooting on production systems.
- Remotely assist and manage servers and services.
- Conduct trend analysis on performance and growth.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors’ degree plus 5 years of strong Linux OS system administration experience.
- Experience with open source/Linux development and production environment is CRITICAL.
- 5 years of experience in deploying and managing VMware virtualization technologies (MS Hyper-V experience a plus).
- Advance knowledge in OS internals.
- Ability to set architectural and tactical direction based on strategic needs.
- Clear understanding of networking and storage principles and architecture.
- Experience with Cisco UCS.
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python preferred).
- Candidate must have thorough understanding of TCP/IP suite protocols and DNS systems.
- Hands on exposure and experience in installation, configuration and support of REDHAT Linux and VMware servers.
- Extensive knowledge of standard services like SSH, FTP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, DNS, Samba, sudo and file systems.
- Experience provisioning and maintaining iSCSI arrarys, MPIO, LACP.
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills with an interest in diagnosing and troubleshooting networking, storage, operating system, software and application issues.
- Outstanding oral/written communication and customer interaction skills, with the ability to work across time zones.
- Demonstrated experience in Linux Production systems support.
- Excellent documentation skills and experience.
- Experience with wireshark, snoop, tcpdump, nfsstat, Splunk, PRTG or equivalent is a big plus.
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Nimble was founded by storage industry veterans from NetApp and Data Domain, and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Lightspeed Ventures, three of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards , including:
Nimble Storage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- CRN Storage Product of the Year
- CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
- Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
- Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
- InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Nimble Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Nimble Storage's Staffing organization. Nimble Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.