Director Global Procurement
Well-established provider of consumables and medical device accessories for clinical histology and research laboratories. The facility works closely with our UK, German and Australian facilities in the development, manufacturing and marketing of products including processing reagents, storage and specimen transport devices, cytology accessories and safety products.
This is a globally focused business with significant sales and operations in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific as well as a direct presence in over 100 countries.
The company currently has an opening for a Director Global Procurement.
The primary purpose for this position is the consolidation and management of all global purchasing activities for Leica Biosystems in Direct and Indirect spend
- Definition and implmentation of the global purchasing strategies in consideration of Danaher and Leica Biosystems purchasing strategies
- Alignment of a global purchasing organization
- Consolidate of suppliers and reduction of the interactivites
- Definition and implementation of globally binding agreements (also with local characteristics), such as framework agreements, service agreements, quality assurance agreements, Kanban agreements, Vendor Managed Inventory contracts or other arrangements which regulate the internal and external relationship between Leica Biosystems and their global suppliers
- Interface in the division of sourcing to other OpCos of the DHR group
- Coordination of the global PPV targets of Direct and Indirect Spend
- Establishment and implementation of tools for optimizing the safety, quality, on time delivry, inventory and costs, including the application of the Danaher Business System and its tools
- Organization of global review meetings with direct reports within the monthly held PD Reviews
- Management of supplier's technology matrix
- Support of cooperation partners
- Using purchasing tools (Teamwork, internet auction)
- Reports of key data in the level of product group and using Danaher reporting tools (iSource)
- Conduct annual price negotiations and implementation of necessary contracts (supply agreements, Kanban agreements, etc.)
- Proposals of in- and outsourcing projects related to total costs and materials
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in international strategic procurement including active supplier management. Solid experience in the management of commodities and regarding Indirect Spend
- Business or technical studies with best results
- 5 years of management experience with up to 50 direct reports
- Good interpersonal and communciation skills
- Self motivated and goal oriented
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel internationally
- Intercultural skills and assertiveness
- Strong diplomatic skills, especially in dealing with relevant departments
- Reliable negotiation skills also at international travel
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Our 59,000 associates around the world serve customers in more than 125 countries.
Supply Chain / Logistics
North America-United States-IL-Richmond
Leica Microsystems - 2 years ago