Job Title: FT Pharmacist 30 - Food Lion
Work Environment: The employee performs the functions of this position in clean, well-lighted temperature controlled, and well ventilated environment. Position requires contact with controlled substances as well as other pharmaceutical products.
1. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, serves as on-duty supervisor of pharmacy department ensuring that all essential functions of the pharmacy operation are adequately maintained.
2. Provides supervision and guidance for all support staff working in the pharmacy department.
3. Offers feedback and comment on the performance of department support staff to Pharmacy Manager.
4. Implements staff schedules for the pharmacy location.
5. Serves as primary customer care advocate ensuring that customer service standards are maintained by all pharmacy personnel.
6. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
7. Ensures completion/maintenance of records and reports as required by regulation or the Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Operations Manager and /or corporate policy and procedures.
8. Supports training of all personnel at the pharmacy location; recommends interventions for training to Store Manager and/or Pharmacy Manager.
9. Works closely with Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacy Operations Manager to develop and implement operational enhancement and efficiency enhancement programs and practices for the pharmacy location.
10. Works closely with Store Manager, Pharmacy Manager and pharmacy personnel to identify, develop and execute marketing opportunities to enhance pharmacy sales.
11. Monitors adjudication of third party claims, conducting follow-up as necessary to ensure claims are paid in a timely fashion; identifies problems in third party systems and report same Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacy Operations Manager.
12. In coordination with Store Manager, Pharmacy Manager and Pharmacy Operations Manager, ensures that all company policies, procedures and practices are maintained and followed by all pharmacy personnel.
13. Monitors pharmacy inventory and provides oversight of inventory purchasing and return systems.
14. Ensures that pharmacy maintains compliance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager or Pharmacy Operations Manager.
16. Performance primary functions of retail pharmacist including; but not limited to:
a. Proper and accurate dispensing of prescription medication.
b. Operation of claim adjudication system.
c. Patient counseling and health advocacy.
d. Liaison services with patients; prescribers and other individual/organization having business with or requesting pharmacy services.
e. Make clinical decisions on each prescription that is presented. These decisions include but are not limited to, Drug-Drug interactions, Drug-Disease-State checks, Allergy profile, dosage, strength, quantity checks etc.
f. Accurately prepare and dispense medication in full compliance with the physicians order, and all applicable law.
g. Able to work for up to 12 hours without assistance. Long periods of time are spent standing on a concrete floor with a cushioned mat.
h. Able to reach and retrieve medication from floor level to overhead level.
i. Stocking of pharmacy require the employee to bend, stretch and reach. This will include the ability to lift weights of up to 25lbs.
j. Communicate effectively with physicians, nurses and patients.
k. Counsel patients on the proper use of medications, OTC products, durable medical equipment and other health care needs, including possible side effects and precautions.
Positions Supervised: Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Associates.
Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices. This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy with Bachelor's or advance degree.
Currently maintains a license in the State of practice as a Pharmacist.
Demonstrated competence in effective communications skills and customer relations. Unrestricted ability to fill Medicaid and Medicare prescriptions. Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health professionals and the community at large. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality. Performance in this position requires the employee to walk, stoop, speak, write, and operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computer terminals and telephone systems. Some minor lifting (less than 25 lbs.) is required. The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time during working hours.
Prior retail pharmacy experience.
Prior management/supervisory experienced.
Food Lion, LLC understands that our Customers' desires vary. So we develop differentiated brands, products and services to best meet our...