The Data Specialist is responsible for working with customer and project management to convert data from the customer's prior member management system into WebLink Connect. You will be processing standardized conversions as well as writing and deploying new conversions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Convert data from one or more customer data sources into WebLink Connect in a way that meets customer business needs.
- Provide data mapping on custom databases to ensure accurate and usable conversions.
- Work in a team setting with project management and customers to keep implementation projects on time and within cost.
- Work closely with Project Management to continually improve the conversion process with regard to efficiency and quality.
- Write, document, and standardize new custom conversions.
- Provide quotations for additional billable conversion or reporting work, and write custom reports.
Education and Work Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience performing bulk data operations.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent Microsoft SQL knowledge.
- Significant data mapping experience.
- Experience with Transact-SQL.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage time efficiently.
- Detail oriented and dedicated to quality work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- .NET programming experience
- Visual Basic experience
- Crystal Reports
- General office environment;
- Some stress possible, as a member of a small department at a growing company;
This role operates under moderate supervision and reports directly to the Manager, Project Management.
This role operates out of corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.