Buchanan & Edwards (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, Virginia. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing military, government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission, and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2011 Small Business of the Year Award for the US Department of State and as an INC 500/5000 awardee.
We are currently looking for a IT Program Director in Washington, DC. This position would require that all qualified candidates have an active SECRET clearance.
In this role, you would be responsible for the following duties:
- Directs teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfillment of IT service delivery commitments for complex messaging systems development projects.
- Provides leadership in planning and managing product road map and service development. Oversees the effective delivery of production support and customer service.
- Manages IT resource requirements to ensure an appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands.
- Facilitates communications across IT groups, user and customer communities.
- Partners with senior leaders in providing technology vision and direction for the enterprise.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years in IT and business industry (management consulting and/or federal government preferred);
- 7 or more years in business/industry, managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Extensive experience in project management, requirements gathering, teamwork and leadership
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of operations, design, and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
- In depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs and critical technologies.
- Strong business acumen and business planning skills including exceptional project management skills to include best practices.
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Biz Talk
- New IQ
- Mercury Suite
Buchanan & Edwards - 14 months ago