THIS POSITION WILL BE A 12 HR. NIGHT (B) SHIFT POSITION AFTER JANUARY 1, 2013
To substitute for assigned employees on automatic or manual operations during times of assigned associate's absence.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform various jobs per the description requirements of that job at the discretion of the department leader.
- Must understand & apply BD standards & specs to ensure that all products are produced to BD standards
- Understand and perform CAPA investigations, stat samples, and reject/accept procedures.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to perform efficiently all department operations, as requested, including, but not limited to, machine operator, salvage operations, utility, inspection, packaging, inventory and miscellaneous. Must obtain necessary certifications.
- Duties include coverage of operations from Packager to Setup Operator
- May be asked to cover higher graded jobs.
- Must be certified in all operations within one (1) year.
- Obey all company policies, standards & rules, including, but not limited to:
- safety policies (including lockout & key interrupt procedures);
- quality policies & rules;
- Regularly shift from performing one job to performing another job;
- Must understand & complete all required paperwork for every job performed in a timely fashion;
- Assist in scheduling/assigning of people in the department.
- Cover absences by adjusting schedule as needed.
- Must be certified in SAP/OEE transactions.
- Perform inspections and files paperwork.
- Any other duties as assigned.
High school Diploma or GED
Previous BD production experience with automatic assembly equipment preferred,.
Previous inspection experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a forklift license.
- Basic keyboard & navigational skills.
- Ability to learn & be certified on all department operations
- Regular attendance.
- Proven problem solving & decision making skills.
- Basic math skill.
- Attention to detail
- Well developed communication skills.
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Adapts to change easily
- Ability to use and read gauges
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work in a team-based environment)
Third Shift / Overnight
Becton Dickinson - 9 months ago