General Job Description: This is a Recruiter Position
Under direct supervision, recruit qualified candidates for the college's academic programs in a compliant, appropriate and professional manner. Provide basic information, routine guidance and assistance to potential students on matters related to enrollment and the admissions process. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies. Uphold enrollment standards by complying with related governmental regulations and standards of accreditation, and by enrolling only students who meet eligibility requirements as published in the college's catalog. Demonstrate positive attitude and motivation, concern for students, teamwork, excellent time management skills and the work ethic to follow-through on commitment to students and the organization. Use Company approved Admissions materials during telephone calls, interviews and enrollment process. Observe and adhere to all Company polices and best practices. Exercise limited judgment and discretion in decision-making; a majority of problem solving is based upon following standard practices and procedures. All activities will be monitored to ensure consistency with company standards.
Job Responsibilities (with percent of time allocated to each activity group):
The expectation is that the majority of an Admissions Advisor's time will be spent directly interacting with prospects/students either in person or on the phone. It is also expected that the Admissions Advisor meet all minimum standards outlined per the performance management program.
Prospect/Student Interaction (90%)
- Take inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about the programs-including entrance requirements, curricula and academic standards-and encourage qualified prospects to schedule an appointment for an interview.
- Return web inquiries and calls promptly to all potential students and give accurate information about the programs, including entrance requirements, curricula and academic standards.
- Make outbound phone calls to potential students that have expressed interest in attending the institution. Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this role.
- Participation in organized phone-a-thons according to company best practices is required and is an essential part of day-to-day activity.
- Initiate unsolicited leads and generate new business when not responding to outstanding inquiries or working with current prospects/students.
- Follow up on all inquiries that fail to schedule or show for an interview.
- Follow up with interviews that did not progress in the enrollment process and dropped/cancelled students to resolve any issues or address concerns.
Follow-Up (Prior to 1st Day of Instruction)
- Schedule and conduct student interviews, wherein any reference to Financial Aid complies with the stated Company Policy.
- Utilize only approved company materials during the interview process, and conduct interviews according to the stated policies and process at all times.
- Meet with the potential students to explain the program offering and match the college's benefits and advantages to the student's needs. Discuss and advise suitable programs in accordance with the student's desires, qualifications and objectives.
- Make all efforts to ensure that admissions management meets with the potential student and is well informed about the student's motivations and concerns about attending the college.
Follow-Up (After 1st Day of Instruction)
- Set clear expectations with students that have applied and/or enrolled about the standardized follow-up process that will take place until the student's 1st Day of Instruction.
- Support and encourage students who have applied and/or enrolled about their decision to further their education through a series of scheduled follow-up activities.
- Utilize all company approved follow-up materials.
- Track all follow-up activities as outlined.
Mentoring and Guidance (5%)
- Set clear expectations with new students about the standardized follow-up process that will take place for approximately the 1st month of attending the college.
- Hold a series of brief meetings with the new students to determine the satisfaction level of the new student and surface any issues or concerns to help ensure student success.
- Direct the student to an appropriate resource to resolve any issues or concerns uncovered during the follow-up process, and escalate the issues as necessary to a member of the campus admissions management team.
- Track all follow-up activities as outlined.
- Provide basic information and routine advice, guidance and assistance to students using established procedures and policies on available programs and eligibility requirements, including the application of policies, procedures and documentation regarding the admissions process.
- Serve as a liaison between student and campus, and make all necessary enrollment forms available and assist in completion as needed (including reviewing applications and related documentation for compliance, partnering with Finance to ensure a high level of customer service during the transition, and following up to ensure that financial aid packaging is complete).
- Mentor and advise students to help them identify their unique skills and interests.
- Address any easily-resolved inquiries, questions, concerns or issues (will refer more difficult issues to a more experienced staff member), and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Accurately account for all inquiries and the admissions activity associated with all inquiries.
- Complete daily activity reports.
- Ensure that all pre-start paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep all required reports current and accurate, including information stored in the system.
- Attend and successfully complete all training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by local leaders.
- Attend meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Displays willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicates with others
- Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Minimum 1 year customer service, telemarketing or sales experience (including admissions experience)
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago
Well heeled isn't a prerequisite for Heald College. The private non-profit career college offers associate degrees in applied sciences...