Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the shop or at customer sites including rebuilding of components, a complete rebuild or any part thereof.
Mentors less experienced technicians in troubleshooting and completing repairs
Is capable of operating with little or no supervision both in the shop and in the field
Initiates and/or completes all associated paper work for the service and/or repair, including writing the service report and recording time technician(s) spent repairing and/or servicing equipment, parts charged and returned, serial number, type of equipment, etc.
Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding the customers’ needs and time constraints and attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service safely and within those constraints while providing superior quality to meet and/or exceed the customer’s needs.
Maintains company issued vehicles, equipment, tools, work areas, etc. by keeping them in good working order, clean, professional in appearance, and up to date with suggested maintenance.
Performs related duties as required such as maintaining the safety and housekeeping associated with the particular work site.
Equipment should be cleaned, greased, all fluid levels checked and be in proper operation condition before being placed on the ready line
Internal shop repair orders are to be completed on each piece of equipment as work is performed
All service calls are to be performed in a timely and efficient manner as directed by the leadman and coordinators
The shop deadline, service line, and equipment staging areas are to be kept clean, organized and professional looking at all times
Adhere to manager’s and lead mechanic’s directions regarding all repairs and service calls
Properly tag all equipment prior to placing in the ready line
Storage of equipment/vehicles in appropriate manner when not in use to prevent property damage.
Complete any and all special assignments or projects from manager on a timely basis
Don’t violate safety policies or rules
Work toward zero accidents
Report all accidents and near misses to supervisor
Actively participate in safety meetings
Keep tools in a good and safe condition (personal and company tools)
Wear safety glasses at all times while working in the shop and while working in the field, as well as any other personal protective equipment required such as steel toe boots etc.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with a technical background or additional training preferred, as provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- Three to five years’ mechanical experience with heavy equipment preferably with a rental company or Caterpillar and/or in a position with a working knowledge of hydraulics, powertrain, electronic/electrical systems etc.
- Excellent decision-making skills and good creative thinking and goal setting skills.
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines and basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Moderate experience using data base systems.
- Good customer service skills, basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Good listening skills. Great verbal communication skills and is able to articulate specific equipment problems in details to management, peers and/or customers.
- A working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations concerning engine service, hydraulics, electrical, technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little or no supervision and achieve required goals and objectives.
- The ability to work over time and weekends.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- May be required to obtain a CDL.
MacAllister Machinery Company, Inc. - 13 months ago