APAC MidSouth Inc
Job Requisition ID: 25483
Job Type: Driver / Delivery / CDL
Work Time: Regular
State: Alabama (US-AL)
Postal/Zip Code: 35217
This is a skilled position requiring three years of related experience. This individual will drive a Tri-axle or Single/Multi Axel Dump Truck for transporting construction materials to and from jobsites. This position requires the ability to make pre and post trip inspections, oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the Dump Truck, and lift/move transported materials as needed. Applicants must have a Commercial Drivers’ License and necessary endorsements in accordance with 49 CFR383.91: heavy straight vehicle (Group B) or combination (Group A) and at least three years experience operating a Dump Truck in a construction environment. Local candidates will be given special consideration.
APAC MidSouth Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Perform an inspection of truck including but not limited to checking oil, water, horn, lights, tires, windshield and wipers, fire extinguisher, fuel and seat belt as well as cleaning mirrors and windows and also starting engine and allowing warm up period, checking braking and steering.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Drive truck to jobsite and position truck for loading by loader or plant operator/storage bin.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 50 to 100 lbs and be able to climb, sit/drive, shift gears, cover/uncover loads, change wheels, adjust lugs, use hand tools such as wrenches/screwdrivers
- Lower bed of truck and drive to be loaded again
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be a team player
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year crushing related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we're safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials' continued investment in people, performance and communities has position us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Keywords: construction; driver; equipment
APAC MidSouth Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...