Merlin International® is seeking a professional and experienced Technical Project Manager to be located onsite with its government client in Austin, Texas . Merlin International® is one of the fastest growing information technology solutions providers in the country. Founded in 1997, the veteran-owned, privately held business has consistently grown both its revenue and its staff since the company’s inception.
Based in Englewood, CO, Merlin also has an office in Vienna, VA, that houses its federal operations. Today, Merlin is approximately 150 employees strong, with its seasoned professionals possessing decades of experience – working in the public and private sectors – as well as top-secret security clearances.
Working alongside its system integrator and vendor partners, Merlin provides turn-key IT solutions that solve complex and critical problems while fulfilling mission objectives for federal government agencies and organizations involved in civilian services, defense, intelligence, health care and a variety of other areas.
SUMMARY: Performs day-to-day management of delivery order programs involving teams of information systems management professionals who are involved in analyzing, designing, integrating, testing, documenting, converting, extending, training and implementing automated information systems and the associated networking infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned deliverables to contract requirements, ensuring they are revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources needed and assign responsibilities
- Effectively apply Merlin methodologies and enforce project standards
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Provide staff management to consultants and employees on projects
- Manage project budget
- Work with sales staff to scope and win follow-on and new business, as well as assist in the development of strategic plans
- Liaison with client as required to resolve situations or to increase Merlin presence and opportunities
- Provide weekly revenue and bookings forecasts
- Manage utilization, revenue recognition and invoicing
- Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and develop lasting relationships with clients
- Comply with and help to enforce standard policies and procedures
Merlin International® offers a dynamic and collaborative environment for you to perform your most inspired work. We strive to create a workplace that is challenging and fulfilling, providing you with growth opportunities and access to some of the most interesting projects and clients in the information-technology industry. Merlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant for employment because of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. It is, in fact, Merlin’s policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that such policy enriches the work environment for all Merlin employees. We believe that a broad variety of perspectives underscore solid decision-making and creativity.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field and a minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant experience in project management in a technical environment.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost to completion projections and make decisions accordingly
- Overall basic understanding of Network Infrastructure and an understanding of Enterprise Software development, implementation, operations, and maintenance. ITIL knowledge a plus.
- Possess general understanding in areas of application programming, database, and system design
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Experience in resource management and leadership, including utilization, motivation, conflict resolution, and acknowledgement of team members
- Have a high level of customer/partner service skills
- PMP preferred
- Top Secret or VA Clearance is a plus
Merlin International - 13 months ago
Merlin International established a recycling service to the motor trade industry in 1998. We currently service the upgrade / takeoff needs o...