Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Software Engineer I
We’re looking for someone with a solid mix of .NET 4.0, (C#) app development experience, who’s familiar with techniques for designing and building high-quality software including experience with: developing application specifications, various object and data modeling techniques, database design, test driven development, quality assurance best-practices, and implementation support.
This role is a demanding, highly dynamic, technically challenging position. You must be a top-notch .NET programmer that is comfortable with SQL scripting – and also be security-conscious, able to easily adapt to an Agile environment, and committed to becoming an integral part of our development team.
This person will be responsible for design and implementation of Redbox.com features and functionalities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Overall management and execution of projects; ensuring that scope, budget, timeline, and milestones for projects are defined and communicated;
- Facilitate project status meetings and communicate the status of deliverables to project team and key stakeholders;
- Track deliverables and action items;
- Identify and communicate potential conflicts and issues to all stakeholders;
- Provide project status reports, maintain project schedule, assigned tasks, project deliverables, milestones and tasks (typically using MS Project);
- Maintain project documentation in easily accessible shared space;
- Participate in issue reviews and track required corrective actions;
- Contribute to the creation, management and reporting of metrics and measurements to track project performance against plan;
- Manage streamlined coordination and execution of promotions ensuring operational excellence, collaborate with analytics team to report results;
- Route all deliverables through Directors and legal;
- Help maintain the marketing editorial calendar and coordinate promotional content with the sales and purchasing teams;
- Assist Sr. Manager in reporting project status, provide in-depth status reports and conference report re-caps; Clearly delineate action items and communicate clearly to external and internal project teams
- Work with LOB project lead to develop project brief and exec summary;
- Maintain and update asset calendar (and ensure updates by all stake holders);
- Help manage outside vendors
- Experience in developing windows services, web services, Windows App, Web App using MS .NET C# or VB.net.
- Experience in creating applications on industry standard platforms & frameworks.
- Object Oriented thinking is must
- Experience with SQL server is preferred. Writing stored procedures, functions, triggers etc…
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies including code reviews and version control software such as TFS, Clearcase, Hudson or Vault.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio 2012 is a plus
- WCF is plus
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable Services.
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in computer science - or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in designing and developing applications
- Experience in building large scale, high-performance web applications
- Experience in services using .net Technology is required
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Coinstar - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Coins in a jar, Gift cards in your wallet… Coinstar and Coinstar Exchange kiosks turn them into things you want! That change you toss...