Housekeeping - Galleria at Tyler
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a skilled individual to ensure the completion of all maintenance tasks and provide a safe, clean environment in our stores.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal maintenance candidate is motivated, detail oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Conduct daily store inspection, walk through and complete corrective actions
- Paint, refinish and perform minor maintenance tasks such as replacing ballasts, transformers and light fixtures
- Perform minor preventive maintenance work order tasks on HVAC, steam, plumbing, electrical, Tailor Shop and restaurant equipment
- Perform light housekeeping duties
- Perform building and light assembly work such as shelves, hang rods and office cubicles
- Maintain cleanliness and organization according to safety guidelines
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Experience in dry walling, painting, plumbing, basic electrical and/or carpentry preferred
- Experience in operating maintenance equipment, including hand and power tools, test equipment and pressure washer preferred
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong math and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Computer proficiency and comfortable learning new computer applications
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...