The SAP Basis Administrator’s role is to provide
comprehensive support to the functional SAP team and
business users. The SAP Basis Administrator ensures the
security, availability and performance of the Sun
Products SAP environment. Troubleshooting, issue
resolution, performance tuning, change management and
security configuration will be key contributions to
Sun’s SAP team, throughout the implementation,
stabilization phases of the initial roll-out.
to maximize reliability, availability, and performance.
- Optimize and maintain the SAP\Windows\SQL environment
- Define and maintain security roles within various SAP
and SAP support.
- Configure and maintain Solution Manager for monitoring
- Creation of SAP Basis standards and operating
backup/restore and disaster recovery procedures.
- Partner with database administrator to create
party products, services, protocols and standards in
- Conduct research and make recommendations on third
support of procurement and development efforts.
- Troubleshoot application issues including system
software vendors and hosting partners.
- Manage application issues with development team,
- Support of system refresh and client copies.
- Systems management within a SOX compliant environment.
- Work with COE to manage and resolve all end user
information sciences, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science,
certification and other SAP certifications, a plus.
- SAP Basis certification is preferred; SAP Security
preferably in a Windows environment.
- 5 + years experience as a SAP Basis administrator
o Configuration Management.
o Performance monitoring and tuning.
o Batch Jobs.
o Interfaces (iDocs, EDI, SFTP).
o Transports, Client Copies and System refresh.
- Minimum 2 years experience with applicable SAP
o SAP Business Suite.
o Netweaver 7.x; ABAP and Java stacks.
o SAP Enterprise portal, SAP ECC 6.x, SAP SRM 7.x, SAP
PI 7.x, SAP Solution Manager 7.x
- Working knowledge of applicable technologies and
o SAP Marketplace, SAP Developers Network, OSS Notes,
o Windows domain security, MS SQL, VMWare, Configuration
o COE, ITIL, SSO
implementation, stabilization and steady state phases.
- Proven experience in SAP support throughout the
o Stress testing
o Performance tuning
o Review and implementation of SAP Early Watch
o Support of COE partners to create application support
processes and procedures
Job Code : GP12162010
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Skills : Information Technology -> Database
Sun Products - 2 years ago
The Sun Products Corporation believes that its own Sunlight is what everyone needs. The company makes laundry detergents, softeners, and oth...