Reference Job Description Section for specific job details
A summary of the general duties and responsibilities for the operation of this store are listed below. This Description of the Job is not to be construed as a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Team members may be required to perform other job-related functions as requested by your management team. The specific job duties will vary for each position in the store.
- Keep the sales floor, dressing room, washrooms, and check stand areas neat and orderly
- Provide fast, efficient and accurate checkout service
- Acknowledge all customers within a 10-foot radius of you
- Make brief announcements over the P.A. system
- Answer the telephone in a business-like manner
- Assist customers with their shopping needs
**Operate a trash compactor and baler – must be trained and certified by Savers prior to operation.
- Move boxes and bags from carts to the sorting tables
- Evaluate items for quality, condition
- Measure items to determine size
- Determine price of items by following established guidelines
- Affix price tags to items
- Process quota of items for each shift according to established guidelines
- Place clothing on hangers on racks
- Move merchandise to the sales floor and distribute to appropriate area
- Maintain store and department cleanliness by sweeping and removing unsellable items
Lifting/Carrying - 25-50 lbs.
Standing - 8 hours
Pushing/Pulling - 4 hours
Repetitive Use of Hands - 6 hours
Exposure to Dust - 8 hours
Reaching Overhead 6 hours
Bending - 4 hours
Crouching/Kneeling - 2 hours
Grasping - 6 hours
**Backup and Furniture/Electrical position(s) require the ability to safely operate the trash compactor, forklift and baler.
Savers is no ordinary thrift store. As a leader and pioneer in the retail thrift industry, we're a place where people from all backgrounds...