Business Systems Consultant for Global Markets
Job ID #: 86765
Location: NJ-Berkeley Heights
Functional Area: Information Technology
Company: 42151 - AIG Property Casualty Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 6-9 years
Relocation Provided: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0
The Business Systems Consultant's primary responsibility is to analyze business needs and recommend complex systems solutions to meet them. Incumbent typically leads or contributes to multiple projects that are large in scope, cross-functional, involve combinations of platforms and technologies and require multiple staff to complete. This position documents solution requirements and advises on implementation of developed solutions.
Related responsibilities typically include the following:
- Provide consultation and guidance to client and development management and staff in all phases of system development and implementation process.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Prepare business requirement reports, feasibility studies, and cost projections.
- Document existing and targeted business processes to consider changes and optimization.
- Prepare BRDs to create clear and concise documentation for use by internal business units responsible for global business.
- Creation of Story Boards that visually depict the association between requirements and a technology solution's user experience.
- Plan, prepare, supervise, and execute UAT (User Acceptance Testing) of new systems and enhancements.
- Lead requirements meetings to address required application functionality, and the business reasons for those requirements.
- Create business cases that justify the rationale of the organization making significant investments in technology.
- Consult with business partners on alternate options for the implementation of their requirements.
- Analyze and document data requirements and data sources for system enhancements.
- Create, maintain and update process models and work flows.
- Act as project leader with coordinating responsibilities for staff and other resources.
Education: A related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- 6 to 9+ years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development of business applications including 2 years experience with multiple application systems
- Experience in the insurance industry and/or IT Management consulting
- Experience creating executive presentations
- Relationship management experience in support of Business units
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Experience in writing detailed business plans and business cases with detailed scopes of work and cost/benefit analysis (ROI)
- Current with business best practice methods, IT technology trends and can correlate potential impacts that technology may have on the business
- Proficient in, or can quickly grasp applicable business processes and functions
- Knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with business process reengineering a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Visio)
A preferred candidate will also have familiarity with:
- Experience with large global insurance or financial projects
- Knowledge of Multinational business
- Experience with business process reengineering
- Experience with knowledge repositories, workflow automation solutions, & business rules engines
- Understand the pre-quote, pre-bind and bind processes as used in the insurance industry
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Valic - 11 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...