FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Program Officer I, USEWD in Washington, D.C.
Within Disabilities Studies and Services (DSS), the Technical Assistance Coordination Center (TACC) is seeking an individual to work as a Program Officer. The position will focus on supporting the Conference Manager and include being part of a team of staff members to support activities and projects connected to work funded by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
The position would provide the TACC with program/conference/operational and administrative support services to include the following responsibilities:
- Assist with logistical support and arrangements for conferences and smaller meetings;
- Handle all registration fee matters- invoicing (using Freshbooks, an automated online service), process payments, log payments in a database, handle cancellations & issue refunds;
- Arrange flights, hotel, and other travel arrangements for conference speakers and attendees;
- Oversee the Call for Proposals process for the Leadership Conference
- Order office supplies and materials for meeting participants;
- Oversee large copy jobs for conference packets;
- Assist with gathering and disseminating information and material to TA&D Projects and OSEP;
- Respond to information requests from the TA&D Network and OSEP;
- Work as part of the research team on new inventory/environmental scanning projects
- Development of web sites for events and resources as needed
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including word processing, typing, sending facsimiles, mailings, photocopying, filing;
- Proof, Format and Edit materials as needed- including nametag templates, participant lists, and name tent cards
- Assist with putting together & sending out conference evaluations using Surveymonkey, an online evaluation service;
- Work as a member of the onsite registration team during events- including registering people, collecting fees, monitoring rooms, setting up AV equipment, and other duties as assigned;
- Process purchase orders, consultant agreements, contracts, expense reimbursements, and other fiscal
- Other duties as assigned by the Conference Manager, Project Director or other team members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are no intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
- B.A. preferred
- 2 – 5 Years of related experience.
- Must have sufficient experience in administration, communications, and/or management Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of office software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Experience in event planning and logistics
- Experience participating and writing on successful grants and proposals
- MS Office Suite proficiency desired
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.