Responsible for ongoing accounts payable, accounts receivable, Grant cost tracking, payroll general ledger entries, assisting with monthly Financial Statements as well as working on the conversion from Accpac Software to new Accounting Software in 2013.
• Accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant cost tracking, monthly financials
• Conversion of accounting information from Accpac to new software package
• Prepares payroll entries
• Prepares accrual for B&O tax – use tax and payments.
• Prepares AP accruals, expense analysis, and prepaid expenses.
• Prepares issues and reconciles 1099 and 1096 forms.
• Assists in researching General and Administrative Expense proper coding.
• Supports annual, interim and special audits.
• Assists with monthly and year-end close.
• Assists with preparation of financial statements and analysis.
• Performs account analysis (also known as reconciliation) on assigned accounts completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintains written accounting operation procedures as they pertain to the processes being performed.
• Conducts Purchase Card receipt review, and related journal entries.
• W9 – Ensures tax ID numbers (TIN) are current as new vendors are added to AccPac.
• Prepares routine and correcting journal entries for the General ledger.
• Maintenance of accounting files.
• Sets-up wire/ACH transfers and templates.
• Ad hoc accounting, special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
BA, BS required or equivalent combination of education and experience- in accounting preferred.
Prior Related Experience:
Required: 4+ years of experience in Accounting
• Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
• Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting software required (ACCPAC, Oracle, Crystal Reports a plus).
• Cost Accounting
• Great organization skills.
• Customer service oriented.
• Able to multi-task, deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
• Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Knowledge of advance Adobe preferred.
• Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
• Essential to perform all functions of the job accurately and in a timely manner.
• Able to arrive for work on time and maintain a good attendance record.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality
• Speaking, hearing, near vision, far vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, touch, smell, and balance.
• Extended periods of sitting, computer use, talking and possibly standing.
• Simple grasp, firm grasp, fine manipulation, pinch, finger dexterity, supination/pronation, wrist flexion.
• Ability to learn and prioritize multiple tasks at a given time and have the capability of handling demanding situations. Analytical/problem solving/critical thinking ability.
* Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet these requirements will still be considered fully qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Office environment with frequent environmental exposure to low-grade radiation from computer monitors; fast paced with frequent interruptions.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI) ACCESS
Community Health Plan employees will encounter protected health information in the regular course of their work at and for Community Health Plan. Community Health Plan is a Covered Entity engaging in Health Care Service Contractor treatment, payment and operations. The following scale intends to provide some indication of how often the employee may encounter or work with PHI in this particular role. All PHI shall be used and disclosed on a Need To Know Basis and according to HIPAA Privacy Rules Part 164. In addition, every employee shall sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment and violation of that agreement and/or Community Health Plan policies can be cause for termination.
PHI is defined at 164.103 as:
"Protected health information means the individually identifiable health information that is (i) Transmitted by electronic media; (ii) Maintained in electronic media; (iii) Transmitted or maintained in any other form or medium.
Individual means the person who is the subject of protected health information.
Individually identifiable health information is information that is a subset of health information, including demographic information collected from an individual, and:
(1) Is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse; and
(2) Relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual; the provision of health care to an individual; or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual; and
(i) That identifies the individual; or
(ii) With respect to which there is a reasonable basis to believe the information can be used to identify the individual.
This position as described will use, encounter, read, create, disclose and or work with in general, PHI that is created by or received by Community Health Plan:
• Occasional - The position occasionally encounters PHI, often as incidental to their regular duties. - Need to know determined by supervisor and/or manager.
In all cases, PHI use and disclosure is limited to the minimum necessary amount of PHI needed to complete the treatment, payment or operations.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities or requirements of this position.
Community Health Plan - 17 months ago