Respiratory Therapist Reg Cont
Requisition #: 75559
Business Unit: HF West Bloomfield
Department: HFWB Respiratory Therapy
Job Family: Respiratory Therapy
Job Function: Allied
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
Location (State/City): US-MI-West Bloomfield
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Under general supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor, delivers life-support, resuscitation, monitoring and various medical gases therapy primarily to critical care patients in the Intensive Care Units. Performs invasive and non-invasive diagnostic procedures to Intensive Care and General Practice Units patients. Maintains clinical expertise for Departmental assignments at various business units throughout HFHS, as assigned. Communicates effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians and other system employees as needed, regarding patient care needs. Adequately documents all aspects of patient care. Supervises, directs and delegates to respiratory orients, externs and students, as assigned. Completes necessary and accurate patient billing information.
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapist program.
- Associate of Science Degree, Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
- Recent graduate of a Respiratory Therapist school, or Two years of recent Respiratory Therapist experience in a Tertiary Hospital.
- Registration with the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Current License - Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work performed in a patient care setting and blood-analysis laboratories with potential exposure to communicable disease.
- Wash, clean and disinfect soiled medical equipment.
- Work with pressurized piped-in and bottled medical gases.
- Incorrect lifting, moving and use of equipment could result in personal, patient and/or equipment injury.
- Must be able to constantly move, lift patients, help push patients on hospital beds, and move heavy equipment across the Hospital. Limited noise, temperature fluctuation and dust are possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...